+977-1-4414367 info@nepaltrips.com


Sign Up

After creating an account, you'll be able to track your payment status, track the confirmation and you can also rate the tour after you finished the tour.
Confirm Password*
First Name*
Last Name*
* Creating an account means you're okay with our Terms of Service and Privacy Statement.

Already a member?


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

How can a visa for Nepal be obtained? Is visa possible upon arrival?

A visa for Nepal can be obtained on arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu and across various border entry points on the Nepal-India and the Nepal-China borders. All visitors except the nationals from Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine and Afghanistan can obtain visa at airport or the border entry-points. Outside of Nepal, a visa can also be obtained at Nepal Embassy or Diplomatic Mission in respective countries.

How much is a visa fee and what documents are necessary to obtain it?

A multiple entry visa for 15 days costs USD 25 (or equivalent in other convertible currencies). A valid passport and one passport -size photo is necessary for the issuance of visa. The Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu has facilitated the visitors with automatic machine where a visitor can get a duly filled form upon inserting his/her passport therein (same as ATMs).

In case of the Chinese visitors, as per official circular of the Embassy of Nepal in Beijing, China, Chinese nationals are being provided “gratis tourist visa” from 5 January 2016, from Embassy of Nepal (Beijing), Consulate General of Nepal (Lhasa and Hong Kong) and Honorary Consulate of Nepal (Shanghai).

How can be a trekking permit for restricted areas in Nepal obtained? How much it costs?

Trekking Permit must be obtained from the Department of Immigration, Kalikasthan, Kathmandu, to visit restricted areas. More information can be availed from www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/content/trekking-permit-fees.html

All trekkers must acquire the Trekkers’ Information Management Systems (TIMS) Card before embarking on trekking, for safety reasons. Fees, Passport copy, and passport size photographs are required to obtain TIMS Card from Tourist Service Center, Bhrikutimandap, Kathmandu and Trekking Agencies’ Association Nepal (TAAN) Office in Maligaon, Kathmandu and the Government of Nepal registered trekking companies in Kathmandu and Pokhara. TIMS Card can also be obtained from TIMS Counter at NTB Regional Office in Pokhara.

TIMS Card fee for a group trekker is NPR 1,000, whereas for an individual trekker (FIT) is NPR 2,000, per trekking route per person per entry.

What is the climate of Nepal? Which is the best season to visit?

Climatic conditions vary from one place to another in accordance with their geographical features and altitudes. The mountains and hills are normally colder than the Terai (southern plains) which has tropical climate, where the summer temperatures exceed 37° C and even higher in some areas. In mountainous regions, hills and valleys summers are temperate while winter temperatures may go below 0°C.

Nepal can be visited round the year, as every season has its own spell, be it moderate autumn, misty winter, playful spring and rainy/balmy summer.

What about the accommodation? Are there tourist standard hotels in major touristic areas?

Nepal boasts all sorts of accommodations, ranging from budget to tourist standard and high-end five starts hotels. Booking a hotel in Nepal is never a tough job. However, it is advisable to book hotel in advance if you are coming to Nepal in high season (September to January). The bustling touristic cities/places like Kathmandu, Pokhara, Chitwan, Nepalgunj, Lumbini, among others, boast budget to five star hotels. Likewise, visitors can find tourist standard hotels/lodges in all the popular touristic destinations (including the trekking routes).

Since Nepal has a history of more than a half-century in hospitality business (which started from the decade of 50s’) people from the hospitality sector are proficient in offering guest quality services.

What kind of food is common in Nepal? What about the hygiene of food and drinking water?

Nepal being a multi-ethnic country, offers a variety of delectable dishes. The daal (lentil soup), bhat (steamed-rice) and tarkari (curry) is the most popular meal. However, you can find all sorts of food in Nepal, the continental, Indian, Chinese, Thai, Italian, Mexican and many more. It is advised to be cautious while trying roadside foods and drinking tap-water. In some regions, water from the natural sources has high iron content. Hence, bottled water (the common-term being ‘mineral water’), preferably ISO certified, is always safer to drink.

Which currency is used in Nepal? Can we use our own currency too?

Nepalese Rupees is the common and only currency used in Nepal. The use of foreign currencies, other than Nepalese Rupees is strictly prohibited in Nepal. Hence, you should convert the foreign currencies into the local currency (Nepalese Rupees) at banks or government authorized money-changers. Please make sure to obtain the receipt while exchanging the currency as you may convert the unused Nepalese Rupees into US dollars at the bank counter in the airport while departing from Nepal upon producing the receipt.

What about telecommunications and internet facilities in Nepal?

Here, we have good news for you! Telephone and internet are available in every nook and corner in Nepal, from the country’s capital to the remotest villages. All tourist standard hotels and good restaurant/cafes have Wi-Fi facilities (mostly free). You can also buy a SIM card for mobile phone facility with submission of a copy of your passport and one passport size photo. Likewise, data –card can also be purchased for internet use.

Do people understand English? How safe is Nepal to travel on our own?

Though Nepali is the national language of the country, the educated and young masses speak good English. Nepal is a safe destination to travel in group or alone. In event of any unforeseen trouble you may contact nearest police station or seek help of separate Tourist Police squad.